Putting your text or journaling in a shape is one way to add more drama or artistry to your digital layout. Here's how:
1. In Photoshop, choose Custom Shape Tool. On your upper screen, you will see that there is a drop down menu that will let you choose from the different shapes available.
2. Choose a shape. Draw the shape by clicking and dragging your cursor across your working area. (Tip: Set the fill to 0%)
3. Go to Paths, then click 'Load Path as a Selection'. Then click 'Make Work Path from Selection'.
4. Using the Horizontal Type Tool, click within the shape where you want your text to start.
5. After you have entered your text, it would look something like this. (Tip: Make sure you delete your Shape layer).
That's all for now folks! Make sure to check out my freebie featuring this tutorial.